Dinner Time!!

I have one again fallen victim to getting busy and not blogging. I have noticed that this is going to be a lot harder then I originally thought.

But anyways back on topic. Last night I made dinner. I do make dinner most nights, but decided I was tired of having the same thing over and over again. So I pulled up Pinterest (of course I did, where else do you find recipes of things that become impossible to make but look so good).

So I was going to take pictures of this meal as I went, but it got messy and I was following the recipe on my phone (since Boyfriend commandeered the iPad). But I will give you my recipe that I changed up a bit.

So what did I make exactly? I made buffalo meatballs (who said it needs to be football season for those and I wanted to use my new CrockPot) and home made French Fries. So I will post my recipe for both but I will say the meatballs came out a little too spicy (for me and Boyfriend's tastes, and we love spicy) and the Fries came out salty (and I love salt). Also, I don't really measure when I cook so I am eyeballing measurements (or using what the original recipe says).


The Buffalo Style Meatballs

1lb ground chicken (you can also use ground turkey)
2oz cream cheese (I used the whipped kind, and took a table spoons and put    3 dollops in)
2 eggs
1 cup bread crumbs (I used the Italian kind) 
To taste: black pepper, salt, garlic and blue cheese crumbles
1 btle Franks Red Hot Sauce Buffalo flavor
2oz butter

- Pre heat oven to 415 degrees.

- Combine all ingratiates in a bowl (except the Frank’s Red Hot Sauce and butter) and mix (I used my hands) until the mixture comes together into a blob. Then roll the blob into smaller 1” balls (mine did not come out like balls, more like plops) and place on greased cookie sheets.

- Place in over for 10 minutes, until the balls are solid enough that they won’t fall apart in the slow cooker. While the the meatballs are cooking melt the butter and combine with the Hot Sauce.

- Place the meatballs in the slow cooker and cover with Hot Sauce mixture (I will admit I forgot the butter, but when I reheated the next day, it helped the spiciness).


Homemade Skinner French Fries
6 yukon gold potatoes (I made extra so I would have lunch for Boyfriend and I the next day)
olive oil
garlic salt
pepper
italian seasoning
sprinkle cheese

- Preheat oven to 415

- Slice potatoes into a fry shape (you can cut them anyway you want, I did traditional french fire shape. Make sure they are dry before you bake them, it will help them get crispier)

- Cover cookie sheet with tin foil and lay the dry potatoes out. Drizzle olive oil over top and season to your liking.

- Bake for 20 minutes then flip and cook for additional 15 min or until potatoes are to your liking.



Boyfriend and I enjoyed dinner but consumed a ton of water.


I hope you enjoy them. 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear what you have to say!!