I Was In Miami B!tch!

Welcome to Monday!

I was thinking I need some catchy Monday line, but I couldn't come up with one because I'm so dang tired from Miami! Yes, Boyfriend and I took a mini vacation to Miami. We went down for a car meet originally but then decided to make a weekend out of it.

Lets start my weekend recap with the beginning of the weekend, Friday night. We did nothing. Well, we took Kylie to my parents. We had to be up early Saturday morning so we called it an early night.

On Saturday, we woke up super early (6am!) and head out and meet Boyfriend’s car group to caravan down to Ft Lauderdale so we could go to a car meet. We ended up caravanning with about 20 different cars down and Boyfriend enjoyed the ride. (I personally was indifferent since I was just the passenger.) But anyways, once we got down there and to the actual place where the meet was, we found out it was $25 for us to eat and hangout. We weren’t really feeling it (granted I was excited to hang out with my only car club friend that I had (she also knows nothing about cars)) and we left about 10 minutes after getting there. We decided to go see some family (since that was the reason we decided to stay down in Miami, his cousin was in from out of town). Well, it ended up the his Aunt (who we were staying with) had a full house but offered a couch for us to stay on, which was fine. So we made it down, and hung out with the family and had a great time. His aunt threw a dinner party (with stone crabs!) which awesome.

Sunday, was a different story. We woke up and went to have breakfast with the family. One of his cousin’s left early to catch a flight back, and we were going to hang out with her brother. Well it ended up that everyone ditched us, his aunt (she got sick), his uncle (had to work, it’s tax season and all), and his other cousin (he got angry at his dad, long silly story). We made the best of it though. Boyfriend took me all around Miami and showed me the sights. We have a good time with each other. We had lunch and headed back to his aunts. When we got there no was there, so we decided to take a nap. Fast forward an hour and half and still no one. At this point, I figured it was best for us to leave. No one realized we were gone for about an hour. I blame this on the family friends. They made us feel so unwelcome this weekend it was crazy. But that does not matter because we made the best of a bad situation.
The Carlyle Hotel - the facade for The Birdcage
Sitting in traffic so might as well take a selfie
Downtown Miami
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear what you have to say!!