In Honor of Val-e-n-tines Day!

So I haven't fallen off the planet nor has my body been taken over by those body snatcher people. Work has been crazy busy and I have been trying to work on my design for my blog. It probably would have been easier to pay someone, but well I never do things the easier way (or the most time consuming way). But any-who, I am back and back to committing to blogging a lot more (and with my current track record that won't be hard). 

But lets get this thing going...

It's almost VALENTINE'S DAY!! The day in which we tell the ones we love only one day a year (okay, I tell Boyfriend multiple times a day how much I love him and Kylie (the dog)). 

So I decided to dedicate this post to my relationship. Boyfriend will make up a lot of my posts and well, no one really knows anything about him or us (and by us I mean our relationship). 
So how did we meet? We met online, match.com to be exact. I was very hesitant to join. I actually joined as a joke. An old co worker of mine and I wanted to write a book about our online dating experiences. (Well, that didn't exactly happen because I only met one person.)  I also was not very proactive on the site because I didn't write anyone who didn't write me first. Okay, but back to Boyfriend. He wrote me after I was on the site for 2 weeks (I only signed up for a month). He wrote this long message, like he actually read my profile. I didn't read it, okay I read some of it to make sure he was intelligent but after about 4 lines I was thinking he is cute, so I'll write him back. We exchanged maybe 4 messages until I wrote and told him I hate waiting for responses and just gave him my number to text me. (Yup, I did it first!)  We texted back and forth all day long for probably about a week I would say.  Finally we had our first phone conversation, we always had something to talk about and stayed on the phone for over an hour (he stayed outside talking to me instead of going into a movie with his friends, it was cute (not crazy)). 
I decided it was time to meet. Since I am such a huge Disney fan (and I needed to make sure he could handle that) I told him our first date should be there. He was down. I was nervous to spend all day with him and only bring one car (what if he was crazy and going to kill me behind some ride?) So I decided we needed to meet the day before for dinner (I called it "an out" with no strings attached, if we didn't hit it off, it was fine). I didn't feel good that night, so we decided to meet for breakfast the next day before the parks. I will admit, breakfast was a little awkward because I was sitting with someone I barely knew, but it was okay I decided he wasn't a serial killer and I would go to Disney with him. On our way, (he drove) he sang Mirrors by Justin Timberlake in the car. He didn't care if I was there or not, he felt comfortable enough to belt it out, and I love that. Well, our first date went great and I knew at that moment he was special and I wanted him around for a very long time (forever). 

But I got nervous, and I wasn't sure I was ready to be in a relationship (like everyone I have had my heart broken one to many times) and I basically pushed him so far away I thought he was going to call it quits. But he stuck in there and waited until I was ready. (I even made him sleep on the couch the first few times he slept over :)) He asked me out about a month after our first date and we have been together ever since.
Our First Date. 
  
We are now living together and I couldn't be happier (and I think he is super happy too:)) He is my everything and I am lucky that I found him. 
Maybe online dating doesn't suck...  
Our first vacation to Nashville


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear what you have to say!!