Who Should Say Sorry First?

32e67347760441478c2fd57b6c829e01

I have a lot of my mind today and I feel this quote perfectly sums up yesterday and how I feel today.

I am going to make a long story short (I tend to make short stories long, so we will see how this is gonna fly) but last night was not one of my favorites with Boyfriend. I get home to work earlier then he does (the joys of going to work at 6am) and was in an a pretty good mood until Boyfriend got home. He came home and barely spoke two words to me. I have never seen him like this, I had know he wasn’t feeling good earlier in the day but that was about it. At first I chalked it up to feeling like crap, because lets be honest, who wants to take when in reality you want to throw up?! But back to my point, it caused me to shut down as well. He acted like he didn’t want me around and didn’t care about anything that was coming out of my mouth. Then, we sat down for dinner and he asked me when I was acting weird and not speaking (which is abnormal for me, I am kind of a chatter box) and I calmly explained that I felt like he didn’t want me around.. he got mad at that and we barely spoke the rest of the evening. (I would guess maybe 10 words spoken between the two of us that had any relevance to anything.) He fell asleep early, with no kiss goodnight and that was that.

But while I was still awake in bed, I was thinking who is going to apologize first? Who should really say sorry first? I mean of course in anger I would said, I will not say I’m sorry because I’m not sorry and I didn’t do anything wrong. But then I thought about it, is that really the best thing to do for us and our relationship? I don’t think I did anything wrong, but don’t we all when we are angry? I also realized maybe this is me being stubborn and angry. I fell asleep thinking this, only to wake up and think about it again. I decided I was not going to say sorry first because I am stubborn. Boyfriend apologized this morning (first), told me medicine made him feel the way he was and that he always wants me around and loves me.

I tend to say things I don’t mean when I am angry and yesterday I thought instead of doing that I was going to keep quiet. I guess sometimes you just can’t win either way.

But on to good things! Today I have another link up! This time it is with Whitney over at I Wore Yoga Pants To Work. I chose this song because when ever I hear it I sing it at the top of my lungs!

If I Die Young by The Band Perry on Grooveshark


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear what you have to say!!