Post Weekend Recap Business

Have you ever had a weekend that goes by so fast and then like a blink of an eye its over? Oh wait, that's every weekend. I propose we have 2 day work weeks and 5 day weekends.. who's with me? Okay, everyone.. lets do this weekend recap business! 

This past weekend Babe came home from his training on Friday night (he was staying till Monday before he headed back to more training). We just went to dinner and hung out at home, you know the typical boring Friday night... (But, my favorite kind of nights!)

Saturday was wedding planning day one. We looked at two different places, one that we hated (it looked like 1900's threw up, and I'm totally down for people who like that style, it's just not me or Babe's) and one that was pretty cool. The local Science Center holds weddings (have I talked about this before? Oh well, if I have, just go with it) and you can get married with dinosaurs (yes you read that correctly). I think that's pure awesome, but it comes with an awesomely hefty price tag. So, chances are that place is out. But back to Saturday, I finally met one of Babe's friend's fiancé. I have seen said friend many times before, but never met his fiancé (Babe is even in their wedding). So we hung out with them for a while and his fiancé and I really hit it off, which is awesome!! 

Sunday, we had a semi lazy day till we went out with Babe's friends again to go fishing! Yes, I said fishing. I had never been fishing till Sunday, and it was pretty cool. Granted I didn't actually do any of the fishing, I just sat there and drank some beer and hung out, but if that is what fishing is, I'm down. 
This was a good relaxing weekend, but it sucked that Babe left again for another week of training. Gosh can't it be the weekend again? 

So I love link-ups! Here is another one,  by Keep Calm and Blog On!

Happy Tuesday everyone!
Keep Calm and Blog On
post signature

3 comments:

  1. Ahh searching for wedding venues. That part was really fun for me. Jeremy didn't see our venue until May of 2013 and we booked it in January...so...there's that. It did have all of our "must haves", so I knew he would love it too.

    What is crazy to me is how much these places charge. Good grief! I didn't think our place was that expensive until I had friends in Orlando tell me how much they spent and I realized that we are paying WAY more than they did. Oh well. I guess it doesn't matter in the end, right? HAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes the search for wedding venus.....ughhhhhhhhhh so DON'T miss that - like at all. BUT I didn't want a wedding, I wanted to elope - which was a no no from my hub's family , so I am sure that explains some of my venu angst. We ended up with a destination wedding that was perfect for us.

    Sounds like you had a pretty laid back and fun weekend!! Cheers to the next one....that's three days away!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for linking up Leah! So happy to have come across your blog :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear what you have to say!!