BIG News!

I have some BIG news, I mean really huge news (and if you looked at my Facebook or Instagram then you already know it). Boyfriend asked me to marry him this weekend, I'm ENGAGED! Yay!! 

It happened in a very "us" way. He took me to Disney, which was our first date (and if you don't remember, here ya go) and renewed my Disney ticket. Long story short, Disney raised their prices (again) and we were not sure if we should renew my ticket, but we did (because he knew how much I love going there) :).  So we walked around the park and Boyfriend said he wanted to go to dinner to celebrate. I honestly thought it was because of his new job. He wanted to go to all these fancy restaurants, and I was like lets save money. But we ended up at a nice(r) Italian restaurant. He was trying to surprise me with the ring and have the restaurant present it to me, but it was very opened and squashed all his plans. We had dinner, and I kept complaining of a headache (typical me) and that we would just go home and rent a movie. He told me he was cold (and I should have suspected something since he is never cold in a restaurant) and he went to the car (apparently to grab the ring). He came back and we started talking about all the things we needed to do the next day (he was leaving late Sunday night for a business trip). And then he said "well, you might want to go get your nails done... Will you marry me?" My response "is that fake?!" Yes, that was my response, not you typical one or the right one, but when someone shows you a diamond, kind of all thought processes go out the window. But when I finally caught myself, I said YES!
I was in shock!  So we are leaving and Boyfriend told me he forgot something at work and that we needed to go back and get it for this trip. I still had my headache (no matter how shock I was, it didn't go away) and just wanted to go home. But, no we HAD to go to his office. So of course, I start calling everyone I know (my best friends, my mom, you know the usual) and they are were excited to hear my news (of course, they were). We make it to a gas station, and Boyfriend comes out and says he can just print it off his email, so we are now heading back to the apartment. We make it there, and I am off in lala-land. Make it upstairs to the apartment, and Boyfriend opens the day and standing there are all our friends and my parents. I was so surprised I screamed bloody murder (everyone said it was funny, but you know having like 15 people standing in your apartment when you aren't expecting them is scary or is that just me?) So my Boyfriend (his new name should be FiancĂ©, but I don't know about calling him FiancĂ© on here... however when we get married he will be renamed Husband) planned this whole surprise party. It was a lot of fun that everyone came out to celebrate with us (and thank you if any of you read this). 
All and all it was an awesome weekend. And I can't believe it all happened, I am still sitting on cloud 9 (except for the fact Boyfriend is gone for 2 weeks, so major boo!)  But I am excited to share this new journey with everyone.


2 comments:

  1. Congratulations! !!!!!! That is so exciting and so sweet! !!!! I just git engaged in November. ... trust me the awesomeness doesn't go away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!!!! Being engaged is such a wonderful and happy (and sometimes stressful) time!! Enjoy this chapter and enjoy wedding planning!! Yay!!!! Ps. GORGEOUS ring!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear what you have to say!!