Wait, Did I Already Write This Post?

Okay, so I forget everything! I mean everything. I am that annoying girl who will tell you a story 15 times because I don't remember telling it the first time. Yup, that's me. 

So I bring this up because last night Boyfriend and I were having a conversation and some how lead to me saying, would I lie to you? And he responded with no, but you forget things a lot. And it really made me think, do I forget things? I think this must be normal, right?! Everyone forgets things! 

Almost every day while at work, I loose something on my desk (and my desk is not really that big) or I will forget what I am drinking (which I always have something, since I record on a mic all day) and grab something else. At night, it is inevitable that I loose the remote or my phone (sometimes both at the same time) because I just forgot where I put them. I have a habit of not making lists when I go to store so I always forget something (which is normal) or I forget that I bought something earlier (like cheese, I have so much cheese in my house that Boyfriend tells me I am off cheese buying duty for a while, but really can you ever have enough cheese?! The answer is NO.) 

I decided to google search, forgetting things easily at a young age. (I am Web-MDing (yes that is a word) myself.. just call me Dr. Leah.) I found this site that was telling me that I forget things because I have a lot of memories (or too much wine at night) and they compete with each other. This sounds like a bunch of mumbo jumbo to me that I don't really understand (and it was written by a Psychologist, and I have a psychology degree so I should be one with that article.)

It got me thinking, should I try those brain exercises to try and help my memory? Probably, but I don't I will stick to them long enough to actually work. But for the sake of argument, lets say I try and do it those exercises. Where would one find such exercises (wow, I am saying exercise a lot)? Luminosity of course! No, I'm not plugging them but I looked into it. To strength your brain is expensive, like $50 a month expensive. Plus they say you have to play those games for a couple hours a day to get the most out of them, I don't have time for that!! 

I guess I will always be the girl who forget things so when I loose my keys, will you help me find them?

But, in other news, Boyfriend got yet another job offer yesterday. It's like, when one happens they all roll in. This offer was a promotion at his current job, with full time hours and benefits (which he doesn't have). He decided this was a better fit because the pay is slightly better and so it the job security. There is also a lot more room for growth with this company. So again YAY! That means we are going to start looking for a bigger house for the puppy soon. 

So I am doing another link-up (you people know you love it!) This time Ashley at The Grits Blog and Anne at Love The Here and Now put together. (Follow them, they are awesome sauce! - wait did I already tell you that?!:))

But till tomorrow you beautiful people :)  
The Grits Blog
post signature

2 comments:

  1. Love this! I am so guilty I walking into rooms and forgetting why I was in there. Ugh. I'm not old enough to do that! Thanks for linking up with us! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you ever done the thing where you are looking for your phone and you are freaking talking on it?! UGH Drives me cray-zay LOL

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear what you have to say!!