The BIG Reveal

I have never blogged about a problem till yesterday. The outpour of support and help is amazing in this community and I thank all of you! 

So all you lovely people who read my blog on the regular (or even if you don't and saw some past posts) should remember a couple weeks ago I talk about a surprise that I was going to share (and no it was not my engagement) and then I left you all hanging. Well today I am going to tell you what is up... 

drum roll please...

I'M STARTING A GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGN BUSINESS.  I have always loved web design, fonts and colors plus it is something that I can do in my spare time (or down time at work, but we won't tell work that). Babe even catches me looking at fonts and colors and laughs at me. 

So how did this come to be you ask, when I was in high school I was in Yearbook (yes, I was a nerd.. but a nerd who was an editor... for 2 years... holla!) and that was where I fell in love with fonts and graphics. We would go to these conventions (one over summer and one in March) that teaches you about graphics and typography. I was hooked. 

This was around the time everyone and their mother was going into something computer related, so I figured I would not have a job and decided I should be different. Yeah, I came back to this time and time again, and even teamed up with my dad on a joint business venture (basically a small web design/branding company). I loved it and still do. 

So today, I present to you Simply Leah Designs. You may have noticed (or not, if you don't scroll to the bottom of blogs to see who created them) the logo at the bottom of my blog and my friend Rebekah over at Blue Giraffes and Concrete Jungles (check her blog out... it's awesome. She let me hijack her blog and design it :)) 

There is a catch with this though, I have not opened my website or anything that has to do with it yet (so maybe this post is the cart before the horse kind of thing). But I am excited! (Also, I might start making posts about fonts and colors..) 

So if you have any questions or want to use Simply Leah Designs (and I will be so happy if you did for any graphic or design needs) just email me at sunshineandtrafficjams@gmail.com.

So today make today even better, its is Little Friday Link-Up day!! Go check out The Grits Blog and Life Changes blogs (they rock!)

The Grits Blog
post signature

4 comments:

  1. Holy Majoly!! I had no idea!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yah! It's finally official. I'm so excited for you and I can't wait to see your website for designs once that is created! WOO HOO!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahhh yay!!!! This is going to be so awesome for you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting. I love to hear what you have to say!!